ANNOUNCEMENT PRIZE PROSPETTIVA DANZA TEATRO
Competition Announcement of Premio Internazionale Prospettiva Danza Prize 2020 – XI Edition
Municipality of Padua Culture and Tourism Council
Choreographic residency project – Padua
announces the 11th edition of the Prospettiva Danza Teatro International Prize 2020 created and directed
by Laura Pulin, in the context of Prospettiva Danza Teatro 2020.
Who can participate
Choreographers aged 18-40 at the time of application may participate to the artistic project.
How to participate
In order to compete, the candidate must fill in the application on www.prospettivadanzateatro.it no later than February 3rd, 2020. Incomplete documentation will not be admitted.
- Title and a short description of the project;
- Link video to present your work;
- The curriculum vitae of the choreographer and of all the artistic collaborators (who cannot be younger than 18 years old);
It’s possible to submit projects that have been performed publicly in the form of a study or in progress. Should the project win the prize, it must be developed into a full evening show (minimum 50 minutes) and performed for the first time in Veneto region during the 2021 Festival. All the ones participating in the groups selected for the final rounds must produce a certificate of good health.
The preliminary selection judging panel will consist of choreographers, artistic directors, theatre directors and experts in the field whose judgement will be final and incontestable. The judging panel reserves the right to request a Skype interview with candidates. The members of the judging panel will be communicated on www.prospettivadanzateatro.it.
The judging panel will assess the following elements:
- Originality of the choreographic idea
- Artistic experience and curriculum
- The presented routine’s artistic development potential
Phases of the Competition
The competition will take place in 5 phases:
- Candidate application deadline (by February 3rd 2020, 00:00)
- Live presentation of the candidate at the days and locations indicated in the call (optional phase)
- Preliminary selection of eight choreographers (by March 31st 2020)
- Nomination of winning choreographer (April 27th and 28th 2020)
- Prize-giving and choreographic residency
The 2020 edition of Prospettiva Danza Teatro International Prize offers a further opportunity for candidates during the preliminary selection, the possibility to perform in front of a dedicated committee at one of the following locations:
- Palermo, February 15th, 2020 at 5 pm at ex Chiesa (former Church) di S. Mattia ai Crociferi in collaboration with the Municipality of Palermo and Palermo in Danza (Via Torremuzza 28, 90133 Palermo);
- Milano, February 22nd 2020 at 5 pm at Civica Scuola di Teatro Paolo Grassi directed by Giampiero Solari, in collaboration with the Dancing Course (Via Salasco 4, 20136 Milano);
- Roma, March 1st 2020 at 5 pm at Teatro Biblioteca Quarticciolo (Via Ostuni 8, 00171 Roma)
Candidates interested in this opportunity must indicate their preference during the registration process. Further details will be communicated as soon as possible.
The judging panel will select 8 finalists who will be in Padua on April 27th and 28th 2020 for a live exhibition of their projects in front of the judging panel at the G. Verdi Municipal Theatre Sala del Ridotto. The 8 finalists will receive a 200,00 (two hundred) Euros refund as partial covering of costs. Supporting documentation for expenditure must be sent to email@example.com. The project must be a contemporary dance choreography of 15 minutes minimum and with a maximum duration of 25 minutes, performed by a group between 2 and 5 dancers.
The results of the preliminary selection with the names of the 8 finalist choreographers will be published on www.prospettivadanzateatro.it by March 31th, 2020. There will be no personal communication between the association and the individual candidate. Publication on the website constitutes valid notification to all intents and purposes.
NOMINATION OF WINNING CHOREOGRAPHER
The judging panel will carry out the evaluation of the 8 choreographies on April 27th according to a schedule previously agreed upon with choreographers in accordance to their technical needs. On the morning of April 28th the finalists will meet the judging panel for a short interview at the end of which the panel will select only 4 routines. The four choreographies will be performed in front of Prospettiva Danza Teatro audience from 9 pm. At the end of the show the winner will be nominated.
Prospettiva Danza Prize 2020, which consists of:
- 5.000 (five thousand) Euros pre-tax.
- A week of choreographic residency in Padua in a period which will be agreed with the winner.
- A performance during Prospettiva Danza Teatro 2021 that will be provided with a lump sum refund of 800,00 (eight hundred) Euros pre-tax.
By signing the application the participant gives the organiser consent to use sent materials in any way it deems suitable for promotional purposes only. The organiser will decide on operational details not covered in these regulations.